Gain Limits and Tax Impact
- Open your client’s portfolio within LifeYield.
- Click on the Generate Proposal button and select Location Analysis. In the Options pop-up, you can choose to enter any short- or long-term gains. Click on the Short-Term Gain Limit toggle and leave it set to $0.
- If your client has a carry-over loss, click on the Long-Term Gain Limit toggle and enter in the amount of loss that you’re going to try to use in your analysis. Click on the Continue button.
- Click on the ‘Download’ button and select Detailed Report from the drop-down. Scroll down in your client’s report to the Tax Impact section.
- The Tax Impact portion of your LifeYield Detailed Report will show an estimated total of Short-Term and Long-Term Gains and losses for your client’s portfolio with corresponding net totals, as well as, the tax implication costs to implement location analysis suggestions.